-->

Sunday, September 21, 2014

bring on all the fall things


This week when I saw that they had pumpkins on display at the grocery store I had to have one. 

Right then and there. 

I don't think I've touched a real live pumpkin in about four years so I graciously  gave in to my excited impulse. 

It came home with me and after looking at it for a couple of days I decided to roast and purée it. I can always buy another later to carve! (Which I totally plan on doing--I'm doing ALL the Fall things, people!! "So excite!") 

Anyway, I've been cooking with it ever since. I made pumpkin spice muffins, and pumpkin pie oatmeal, while my dad made marmalade. I've never made a pie before so I might attempt that next. 

Let's get pumpkin crazy!


Above: Cranky kitty approves of pumpkins too.

No comments:

Post a Comment