-->

Friday, April 8, 2011

quirky


Ever since watching the movie Amelie a few years back I've been trying to be mindful of the things that make me me. Not just a question of what my favourite colour or food may be but more of my preferences and habits that may even seem odd to someone else. This almost feels like a Post Secret confessional but here is a gratuitous list of some that I've come up with: 

1. I feel slightly uneasy sitting on the left side of the backseat of a vehicle. Maybe because growing up I always sat on the right side as the oldest sister, guarding the sidedoor of our van, and I've prefered it ever since. I also feel rather naked when I do not wear my seatbelt.

2. It may sound strange, but I love breaking in a new Bible. As in, skimming my thumb over all the thin feathery pages; feeling the crackle as the edges of the pages unstick and loosen up. Amazing.

3. I have a strange number of occurances of the number five in my life and therefore it is my number of choice. A few examples: I was born in the fifth month, was five weeks premature and I graduated in 2005. Maybe this is less of a quirk and merely facts about my life, but I find it fascinating nonetheless. I used to set my clock alarm only to multiples of five. I also think groupings of five are aesthetically pleasing.

4. I seem to get really obsessed about one colour for a certain amount of time and then I switch to another. When I'm drawn to a certain colour I tend to buy things only in that shade. Currently I am loving all of my past faves at once: Blue-Green-Purple-Teal-Mustard/Gold-Pink-Grey. Hurrah for variety.

5. When I make toast or sandwiches, I always cut them in half. I hate looking at a full slice of toast, and I don't enjoy ripping it apart to make it smaller. I also prefer my sandwich bread toasted, so it doesn't stick to my teeth. I usually claim to not be a picky eater but this is proof of otherwise. I guess for me its not about taste but more about presentation.  

And since I really do love the number five, I think that's a good place to stop. Hope you enjoyed a look at the inner workings of my mind. Try not use this deadly information against me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment