-->

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

cheers to domesticity + talented friends


As I've said, I'm trying to be a little more domestic and making different kinds of foods that I've never attempted before, to bring me closer to that settled me. Such as bread & toutons early last week.

I got up and headed over to my nan's somewhere between 9:30 and 10, had breakfast and got to work. She supervised and instructed me as I put together the ingredients for the whole wheat bread and yeast mixtures; showed me how to properly knead the dough, adding sufficient amounts of flour as I worked away. The dough rose successfully and I kneaded it once more, and now I'm waiting for it to rise again to which it will be molded into perfect round balls, and placed in the oven. I think it's going to turn out well! (Photo added after, of the finished product!)

My great grandmother crocheted and sewed the apron I'm wearing. Bright green, adorable, and super special. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar at Anthropologie if it had a strip of some floral fabric and a few buttons on there somewhere. I wish so badly I had the patience to make something so intricate. And who wouldn't go looking for excuses to make things just to wear it? 

Today I made "Simple Broccoli Soup". Turned out really tasty too, so even though it wasn't exactly what I would call "simple" to make, it was worth the effort. The texture is a lot like Butternut Squash soup which could be my next adventure in soup making.


One last thing: Last night Robyn had her 4th year recital and let me tell you, she was a knock out. She was a total babe when she walked out on that stage, the little gunmetal coloured grecian. She totally gave me goosebumps during some of the songs, it was so great. Robert Clarke sat next to me and after every song he was like, "that was amazing" with eye brows raised.

And you are amazing, hun!


You blew them away, girl! I feel lucky to have such a talented friend!

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, YOU are precious!
    I'm so happy you were there to share last night with me. I love you so much.

    Your blog header doesn't look blurry on my computer! As for the photo troubles, I made my post width wider by editing it in html. I just googled it and found something. If you can't figure it out I can show you what I did next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can go into your blog settings and fool around with the html for the layout... and that makes it a little bigger so your pics won't get cut off. I just messed around with it (hitting preview and undo a bunch of times) and changed the numbers till everything fit. so I'm sure you can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!! It looks much better now! Html brings me back to my piczo days. Wasn't a big fan then, still not a big fan now, but I like the results so I'll get back into the swing of it. xo

    ReplyDelete