-->

Saturday, December 24, 2011

home sweet home


Best things about coming home:

Mom kindly making me an especially delicious supper to welcome me home.

Seeing progress made on the back room Dad has been working on bit by bit over the past year.
 
Having Catherine's sense of humour back in my life.

Seeing Elizabeth's engagement ring in person.

SNOW! I was ready for some winter in my life.

Chilling in my room, catching up on my blog browsing and eating half a dozen clementines in one sitting.

There are many, many good things about being home, especially at Christmas time. 

Christmas Eve was a great day in particular. We had lunch at my Aunt & Uncle's house and cousin Beth and her hubby Louis were here for the week visiting from Montreal. Elizabeth got Shane to come along for the festivities as well. Dinner observed one of the most entertaining conversations I've heard in a while. It revolved around "late" thank you cards and the appreciation of facial qualites in a wedding photo. Translations of the word 'pancake' came up as well: 'crepe' or 'pancake-uh'.

 We took photos by the Christmas tree. It's become an annual thing.
Catherine and I decided to stay in town for the Christmas Eve event at Elim church. To pass the time, we went to the mall, wandered around downtown, then went to the park.

We came home and finished wrapping presents. Catherine was especially helpful, the good little elf she is.
xo

1 comment:

  1. Great shots Emily. Looks like you had a very enjoyable time home. Happy that I could relive them here with you as well.

    ReplyDelete