-->

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

waiting

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Robyn (actually, we've spent the last three days together! So glad she's back from the Brook!). She signed up for an online art journal class which will no doubt be very inspirational. I came along and worked on my own little art journal type project. It's similar to scrapbooking and can be as random as you want it. I find scrapbooking a little overwhelming. I end up obsessing about the pages a little too much and it's almost agonizing to get a page to work just the way I want it.

Yesterday was one of those days where I was in an 'anything goes' kind of mood. Seems that's the best kind of mood for this craft because I was inspired and satisfied with what I came up with without too much anxiety!

Clarity in crafting, perhaps?

Here's what I came up with:

 
 (Images from Toast magazine)

I think it's my new favourite thing and I wanna do more soon. I like how they capture exactly how I've felt the last few days, in a pretty way.

Moving on.

This morning was real good. As I went downstairs to get some breakfast I saw a little package on the step with my name on it. Brought it to my room and found that inside was a little box full of goodies and a note from Janessa. The sweetheart. I laughed and cried from happiness. Small gestures mean so much to me, and just how good is it to have thoughtful friends who take the time to let you unload your heart and fill it up again with their love. (You know who you are! Thank you!)


We had been texting the night before about maybe hanging, but it was late by the time she was heading out and I wasn't feeling up to it. (I've turned into an old lady wanting to be getting ready for bed by 11. I love the feeling of waking up and popping out of bed instead of being Emily Sloth, so it's worth it!) I didn't expect her come by and leave this on my porch!

I decided to dedicate my afternoon to the making of butternut squash soup:




I found it was a bit of a chore to do, but it was worth it in the end. Robz had a taste and gave 'er a thumbs up. ha. I enjoyed some Swiss Chalet with Nan for supper, and then spent the evening at the newest (video) Bible study series that Elim is putting off. It's called Extraordinary by John Bevere and his excitement is contagious, even if he asks for an 'Amen' a little too often. I can deal, ha.



Listening to Moth's Wings by Passion Pit

1 comment: