-->

Sunday, May 30, 2010

hey yall

Hey from the South!

I'm chilling with Chandler in Charlotte, NC. It's an interesting sensation when you get back to a place you've been waiting to be again. Now that I'm here it feels like I had never left.

My flights went pretty well, although there were three of them, the first leaving at 5:20. I slept for about a half an hour, and due to a spontaneous trip to E&E, I had the company of Robyn for most of the night before as I did the last bit of my packing. :)
The first flight Chandler and I were together and we slept for most of it. When we arrived in TO with only a little over an hour til the next flight, I was really stressed about getting through customs and making my first connection in time. The line up was super long and there was a card I needed to fill out on the way to customs. I didn't find it until I was almost to the desk. So I frantically filled it out, and let Chandler go ahead of me in line.

Big mistake.

He got the young girl officer who was super nice. I got the grumpy, middle aged man who bore his red eyes into my soul. For realz. He asked me at least five times why I was coming to the states, even after I told him, then he asked other questions like, why this camp; who is 'sponsoring me'; what's wrong with the camps in Canada; aren't there children in Canada I can be a camp counsellor for?

When I stumbled for half a second to answer one of his vague questions he cut me off and asked again. He was incredibly cold about it. I suppose that's their job but I have never encountered such a rude interrogation. It really shook me up! If only I had gotten the girl!!

 (summing up our trip: him sleepy, me frustrated! haha)

I watched a few episodes of Modern Family on the second flight and on the third I could barely keep my eyes open. So I stopped fighting it and slept. When I arrived in Charlotte and reconnected with the Chanman, I found that I lost one of my bags. Luckily it was located and was missing for only a few hours. No biggie, simply another mishap to add to my catalog of fun adventures in flying.

The word count for this has gotten quite large so I will update more later!

Having a good time though, and enjoying the weather, mostly. I need to climatize again, the humidity is suffocating me.

1 comment:

  1. know what's suffocating me?
    that I'll never see you again. :op

    ReplyDelete