-->

Friday, August 27, 2010

mystery solved.


I remember waking up one morning a few weeks ago and I could have sworn my purse was not as I had left it the night before. I thought it was strange but didn't notice anything important missing like my wallet, notebook or camera, so I went on about my day.

I went to the grocery store one evening in search of something to make. My sweet tooth was acting up and guided me to the aisles containing brownie mix and vanilla ice-cream.

I bought two boxes because it was 2 for $4, and you can never have too many brownies. It was an unfortunate discovery once I arrived home to see that there were no eggs in the fridge to make them right away! So I walked upstairs and kept the boxes in a shopping bag in my room for another day.

The following day, a curious thing happened:

I found that one of the beautiful boxes had disappeared. 

After noticing that my purse had been moved before, it was clear that someone was touching my stuff. But I couldn't figure out who it could possibly be! 

Coincidentally later on that day I smelled chocolate amazingness floating in the air... I ran to the bonus room to ask Chandler about it, assuming that he had taken my brownies and someone was making them in the kitchen downstairs, but he thought I was crazy. (He makes fun of my obsession with chocolate and thought I was dreaming because they rarely bake desserts.) 

But as he walked into the hall and smelled that glorious smell we went to investigate! We discovered that Freddie (a friend of Chandler's father) was indeed making brownies to go with supper, but they were not from my room. It was even a different brand. Hmm.

It didn't bother me, that one of my brownie boxes went missing, just that it was an unsolved mystery!

Well, that mystery was finally solved this very morning. 

Chandler's mom popped her head in before heading to work and said, "I found out where your brownies went! They're under my bed!"

See that adorable, sweet, innocent little dog above? His name is DJ. He loves to cuddle in bed with you, or sit as close as he can to you on the couch. He loves trying to sneak out of the backyard to go exploring.

Now, I have learned of something else he loves to do STEAL MY BROWNIES!!


I went to look under the bed to see if there was any more damage that needed to be cleaned up and found a ton of wrappers that he had stolen out of my purse! The little sneak ate one of my favourite new lip balms, took the last few of my gummy bears, and even brought an unopened bag of Skittles in there to devour later.

I also noticed some tums, which he probably needed after all of that junk!

I wasn't even aware that I'd bought that much candy. Don't worry, I didn't get to eat it anyway!


Imagining DJ carrying out that big box of brownies is kind of hilarious since it's almost as big as he is. That little scoundrel! Here is my undestroyed box for size comparisons.


I have now learned my lesson: keep bags zipped, stored up high, and my bedroom door closed lest a little thief comes in the night!

(And Happy Birthday to my Daddy today!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment