-->

Sunday, October 2, 2011

bangs again and getting lost

I got fed up with my hair this morning. Well, I've been annoyed with it for the last few months, trying to grow out my bangs again but not liking how the hair awkwardly splits in the middle. Which leads to this morning when I took the shears to them somewhat impulsively/rather carelessly cut them short again. It's a little rough around the edges, which looks fine with my hair down. But up? Mmmm. We'll see. Cutting my own bangs is always a week long tweaking process anyway. Why was this necessary information again?

In other more exciting news, we're in port in LA today. Starting a new cruise. I start work in a little less than an hour at 2:30. I had a good morning, happy to see my bangs again, taking my time to eat breakfast instead of scarfing it down in 3 minutes as usual. Then a few of us (SJ, Shiv, Jennifer and I) went to the Del Amo mall and Target. Only a $30 cab ride... Only. Not so bad if you share one, but still. I'm missing the convenience of Robson and Granville street in Vancouver; upset that I finally figured out where all the stores I love exist on the day I left. But it's not all about shopping. I've been browsing more than anything else. Just seeing new places, getting lost and finding my way again. Exploring. I LOVE it. There's always something new to see.

1 comment: