-->

Sunday, December 25, 2011

imma be under tha mistletoe

Robyn tweeted that Christmas isn't Christmas until there is a family argument. By the responses she received from it, that's an absolute Truth for just about every family out there! I have to say, we went through our day without too much fuss. I was probably at my Grinchiest when Mom called up the steps at nine thirty this morning to wake Catherine and I up. It's tradition that I'm the last one out of bed and this year was no exception. After some warm cinnamon buns and bacon I sweetened right on up.

Elizabeth's hubby-to-be joined us this year as we opened up our stockings and gifts and it was a nice addition to our little gathering. It was nice that pretty much everything in my stocking was a surprise this year haha and Santa and his elves did a good job. Honestly, just being home was already the best Christmas gift, anything else was just extra.

I brought my family back a bunch of things that I'd gathered along my trip, but my favourite gift was to my Dad. Since he wears hats all the time, I gave him his very own Goofy hat! He had a good laugh, and so did we when he put it on. Loved it!

Turkey dinner was amazing, although I couldn't eat very much since my stomach is still not adjusted back to having quality food in its presence. Mom's Seven Cup Pudding was divine. Shortly afterwards Catherine and I retreated to the livingroom where passed out in a food coma for the next few hours.

The church carol singalong then a brief drive around the harbour was a nice finish to the evening. Catherine and I are currently back in comfy clothes and I've managed to devour an entire bag of popcorn while watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Yay Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment