-->

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

unexpected update

Wow, what a surprise! The ship internet is actually allowing me to access blogger! My time here on the Wonder is coming to a close. I have just a week and a half left to this contract. They are training me to be a group anchor right now, aka a floor supervisor. It's something everyone eventually has to do, but usually they wait until a couple of weeks into your second contract. I should feel honoured, not stressed, right?

I am so excited to be going home in time for Christmas. The holiday spirit is definitely in the air but it's hard to believe its December and Christmastime with all the heat and sun around me. I'm actually excited for a reason to wear layers and boots. But I know that feeling will only continue for about three and a half minutes once I get home! Ha. For now I'm ready to hear carols and get excited to be home with my sisters doing fun stuff. I need coffee chats and somebody has to make a gingerbread house with me. No buts.


Like I said before, not sure if I'll be able to update this again before I get home but I really believe that overall this has been one of the most enjoyable work experiences I've ever had. Maybe my mindset's been different and I've been lucky to have met a ton of really great people. North America, Europe, Africa and Australia. No matter how bad a day might be, and there have definitely been bad days, I remind myself I've done this for me and no one else and it's been incredibly freeing.

All the things I've crossed off my bucket list in these last four months have made the rough days so worth it. I've had the time of my life! Love you all and see many of you very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment