-->

Friday, July 1, 2011

st. john's weekend - part 3 (sunday)

Sunday was a fairly relaxed day. We went to church at Elim in the morning, had a quick little lunch back at Nan's, then headed over to our aunt's house for our cousin Bethany's bridal shower! They had the 'design a wedding dress from TP' game. I'd played the mummy wrap before, but never the dress. Elizabeth and I transformed Catherine into a beautiful blushing bride as you can see, as she holds her bouquet of flowers, haha. There was also a 'guess her age' game with a ton of pictures of her childhood. I was always just one or two years off the mark! Prizes were from Davids Tea, the really cool company Bethany works for. There are plans for it to come to St. John's and I'm pretty excited about it. There were also lots of presents to open:
Can I take this moment to declare my love for Manna Bakery? I was already in love with their bread, but add that amazingness to their curry chicken as well? Delish. I love the variety of food at showers.
We went to Cape Spear afterwards with high hopes, but there was a ton of fog and misty rain that we didn't anticipate at all.

Nice out right? I suppose we should have known, but the rest of the city was just overcast. We definitely weren't dressed for a walk in that dreariness so instead, we drove back to the mall to see The Green Lantern. We wanted to see Bad Teacher but it was sold out when we got there. It worked out quite alright though. Good movie, and they kept it pretty PG considering its Gossip Girl, Blake Lively and mchottie, Ryan Reynolds. We drove home that night, rather slowly. It seems every single time I've driven home from town in the evening there's some sort of terrible weather to face, these days: unending fog.

And that concludes our June 25th weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment