-->

Monday, July 4, 2011

nikki and matt's wedding

 
the ceremony
 alex put together a delicious dessert table
 we were asked to write notes to the couple for them to put together a scrapbook. we had some extra paper. 'couldn't find my pants' was a joke on the guy who was supposed to be at our table, who supposedly stayed home because he had no nice pants to wear and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
 wedding shenanigans: the next bride to be?
 ashley and jordan
 grant and joy
 scott, me, and alex
jess!
Another set of beautiful friends got married last week, June 30th. It was a beautiful ceremony and the reception venue was classy. I'm always struck just how the little details of a wedding show off their personality so well, (like the song he wrote and played for her, the coffee beans in the flower vases, and the names of their fave places as table markers) at least that's the case for the two I've attended so far this year. I think what I took from the wedding the most was just how lovely Nicole is as a person. Hearing all of the stories of them growing up and what they've been doing lately reminded me just how much her friendship means to me. She was such an incredible encouragement when we worked together side by side as co-counselors at CWJ in 2009 and continues to be especially whenever she's been back in the province from BC and we've grabbed coffee and caught up. I'll never forget it and I wish my friends all the happiness in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment