-->

Sunday, January 18, 2015

hiking + karaoke



Martha invited me along for a hike Sunday afternoon. Next thing we knew our Headmaster and his sons were joining us too and it was nice to spend some time getting to know all of them a little more.

It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day with its sunny but crisp five degree January weather. The view at the top was worth the burning in my legs and my lack of mobility that will surely set in tomorrow! I was surprised at the number of people also on the trail, as well as the age range. Grannies were taking on the hill in better time!

Afterwards we ate at a little cafe that was called Paris Bakery, but it didn't have foods that I would imagine finding in a French bakery, haha. It still all looked very delicious. I ordered a sweet and soft honey walnut bread that had cream cheese inside and a green tea that looked like it was made with fresh green leaves and a type of grain thrown in the mix.


Last night we went to a noraebang which is a big thing here in Korea. It literally means "song room" and you sing karaoke in a private room that you rent with your friends! Our room had a sparkly grey wrap around sofa with a table in the middle, disco lights and tambourines! Classy. It was such a laugh. We even sang a ton of Disney songs. I didn't pick a single one of them myself so it was like they understood me so well already.

This weekend successfully introduced me to some of the cultural experiences I'd been looking forward to trying in SK. Definitely a great start this trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment