-->

Friday, August 5, 2011

baby gullies

This summer, for the first time in the history of living here, a gull set up his nest by the harbour, behind our house. Dad watched them every single day with his "spy-glasses" (aka binoculars), worrying about their survival. They faced some pretty close calls. Like when an evil bird tried to attack the nest, and the time when they had to replace the light and risked disturbing them altogether. 
Unfourtunate was the day that Dad finally said that they didn't make it. 
I don't even know the cause, but the spot they chose is kind of vulnerable. 
We were hoping for the best.
That's why I'll always be glad I took the time to take a few pictures of them one morning. 
Mostly for my Dad, since I love seeing him get so excited about nature. 
For such a serious seeming man, he loves animals and it's really endearing. 
I also never thought I'd consider gulls adorable, 
but these little babies were the cutest, fluffiest creatures I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment