-->

Saturday, August 6, 2011

To help me ward off this sickness, I made myself a big pot of minestrone soup. I started off using this recipe, but I added a few other things too. Soup really is one of my favourites especially on sick, rainy days. 
 I feel more comforted already.

Here's what I put in mine:

1 onion, 2 cloves minced garlic, two fresh mushrooms, can of diced tomatoes, 2 carrots, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 cup frozen spinach (thawed), 1/2 cup frozen corn (thawed), 1 cup (or so) of shell pasta, 1 can of rinsed 6 bean medley, 2 cartons of chicken broth, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil.

One thing I recently learned about onions and garlic is that you should chop them and let them 
sit to the side for 5-10 minutes to maximize flavour and health benefits. 
Worth a shot anyway. I need all the benefits I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment